How old is the Mule?

by Stubborn Mule on 12 September 2010 · 9 comments

According to one automated blog analyser, I am rather older than I thought I was:

The gender is correct and academic writing style I can accept, but I am not so sure about being upset most of the time. Generally I am quite happy while writing the blog!

Possibly Related Posts (automatically generated):

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Duncan September 12, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Maybe you are subconsciously channelling Jack more than you realise !
Anyway, cheer up ;)

2 Stubborn Mule September 12, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I’m not upset, dammit!!

3 Michael Michael September 12, 2010 at 6:28 pm

@Duncan:

Comparing the Mule with Jack? Sir, that’s a *very* low blow indeed.

4 Marco aka Cracticus September 12, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Stubborn,

“I am rather older than I thought I was”.

So, you mean this is not true???

“stubbornmule.net is probably written by a male somewhere between 66-100 years old. The writing style is academic and upset most of the time”.

5 Stubborn Mule September 12, 2010 at 9:34 pm

That’s exactly what I mean. Not yet anyway.

6 Carol September 13, 2010 at 2:27 am

Ha ha – I just did mine and got “wapshere.com-missmiis is probably written by a male somewhere between 26-35 years old. The writing style is academic and happy most of the time. ” In fact they had the chance of me being female substantially less than the chance of me being my correct age! I guess that’s what I get for writing about computer stuff…

7 Louise September 13, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Very funny – re both Stubborn Mule @ Carol!
Sounds like the text analysis program needs further training. Does it offer the actual blogger a means to its owner of erroroneous categorisation?

8 Stubborn Mule September 13, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Louise: there is a wiki page which provides a bit more information, but as far as I can tell it’s not possible for bloggers to “re-educate” the classifier.

9 Plunko September 30, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Hi Stubby! How would you prefer to be measured – human years, horse years, donkey years, or mule years? I understand that very old mules may live to 40 or so, which may equate (depending on the claimant) to 80+ human years. Maybe the R- analysis is closer than you think, if viewed from that perspective. You know I know your approximate age, but your secret is safe with me!

Maybe you could get the memsahib to take a good look at your teeth – a sure measure of equine senility! Beware of R-send analysis, though, which is the curse of the aged. Which reminds me – your father-in-law owes me a good bottle of red ASAP.