About the Mule Stable
The Mule Stable is a discussion forum for the Stubborn Mule blog. It is a place to share links, ideas, suggest possible blog topics and to discuss anything else that interests you. It was launched on 21 February 2010 and remains somewhat experimental.
The online help gives a fair amount of information about how to use the Stable and from time to time tips are posted with the tag #stabletip. Whenever you see a “hash tag” like that, you can click it to see all of the notices with that tag.
- 21 February 2010 – added a reCaptcha question for account creation to help prevent automated spammers from signing up.
- 22 February 2010 – corrected broken link in OpenID documentation.
- 22 February 2010 – fixed bug in OpenID feature.
- 27 February 2010 – added Twitter integration.
- 27 February 2010 – added optional geo-location.
- 27 February 2010 – increased maximum notice length from 140 characters to 200 characters.
- 27 February 2010 – broke OpenID! Working on a fix.
- 1 March 2010 – added Facebook integration.
- 6 March 2010 – upgraded software, OpenID and some other glitches now fixed.
- 10 March 2010 – email validation now required before posting…to help control spammers.
- 17 March 2010 – by default users are “sandboxed”, so their posts do not appear in the public timeline until the user is cleared as a non-spammer
- Creation of “Tips and Tricks” page.